"The promotion of the Grand Duchy as a place that welcomes foreign investment, as an exporting country and as a tourist, cultural and commercial destination will be based on the implementation of a concept of 'nation branding'. Positive values carried by the image of the Grand Duchy will be set forth and applied by the various actors and in official media campaigns, for which the Government will make available the necessary resources." (Extract from the Government agreement of December 2013)
- Support the country’s international relations (political, economic, cultural and commercial);
- Attract investors, professionals and visitors;
- Ensure coherent engagement with other countries.
- Ministerial representatives from:
- Ministry of State
- Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs
- Ministry of the Economy
- Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Agriculture, Viticulture and Consumer Protection
- Ministry of Sport
- Sector development agencies (tourism, economy, financial marketplace)
- Luxembourg for Business & Innovation
- Luxembourg for Finance
- Luxembourg for Tourism
- Chamber of Commerce
- City of Luxembourg
- Grand Ducal Court
- Diplomatic and consular network
- Overseas trade and investment offices (LTIOs)
- Public administrations with direct public contact
- Bodies with international links (economic, cultural, sport, etc.)
- First phase: What’s the message? What’s the content?
Defining the values and the country’s profile. Then, developing the core messages through a process involving all sectors of society including Luxembourgers and foreigners, both resident and non-resident.
(January 2014 to June 2015)
- Second phase: How do we create the strategy?
Develop the key areas of focus. Craft first messages to be communicated.
(September 2015 to July 2016)
- Third Phase: Promotion
Roll out wider activities to amplify the messages supporting the strategy
(Since January 2016)
A number of priority actions
- Creation of an accessible online toolbox with key messages;
- New promotional material (film, videos, brochures, online tools, presentations, public advertising);
- Clear messages to increase the country’s visibility on economic and State missions abroad;
- Participation in key foreign events;
- Host relevant activities to raise Luxembourg’s profile abroad;
- Improve reception of foreign visitors;
- Raise awareness at the national level (workshops, trainings, conferences...).
Coordination Committee Inspiring Luxembourg includes 15 ministries, agencies and other bodies
970,000 euros for 2016