Anyone using the content (information, documents, products, etc.) offered by the website www.inspiringluxembourg.lu is deemed to have read and accepted all the terms and indications set out in these general conditions for use.
Editor of the website
The website www.inspiringluxembourg.lu is the property of the Luxembourg State, represented by the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs (MFEA) and the Government's Information and Press Service ('Service information et presse', SIP). The Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs and the Government’s Information and Press Service manage this website, giving a unique and non-commercial access to promotion material about the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
Prior information on copyright
Copyright on the content of the website is owned by the MFEA and the SIP, or by any other author mentioned, including texts, photos, videos, etc. The downloadable promotion material on the website may be freely used for promotional purposes, provided that the copyright is properly indicated.
However, the contents of this site may not be reproduced, transmitted or distributed for commercial purposes. If necessary the MFEA must give its authorisation to use the content. The "Signature of Luxembourg" is protected and can only be used and reproduced on the basis of a prior written agreement of the MFEA.
To introduce your request for content use or for any question relating to copyright and the utilization of the different tools, please submit your request via our contact form.
For further details on copyright, please visit the section general conditions for use.
Obligations incumbent on users
The website www.inspiringluxembourg.lu is accessed via the Internet. Users declare that they are aware of the inherent risks, and accept them. Users must take steps to counter the effects of computer piracy by adopting a suitable secure IT configuration. Neither the Luxembourg State nor the MFEA and the SIP may be held liable in respect of any damage users may suffer, either directly or indirectly, in connection with browsing the website www.inspiringluxembourg.lu, or using its services, or in relation to the websites with which it is linked.
General conditions for use
1. The MFEA and the SIP make available to you on the website www.inspiringluxembourg.lu ('the website') a quantity of written and multimedia information (photos and illustrations, sounds, films, and software applications), documents, publications, graphs, logos, geographical maps, and various services (referred to collectively as 'the Services') subject to the conditions set out in these legal conditions, in order to facilitate the promotion of Luxembourg abroad. The objectif of the MFEA and the SIP is to supply information that is accurate and up to date, but the information may nevertheless contain some mistakes or not be up to date.
2. By accessing the website, you accept the terms of these legal conditions without reservation. The MFEA and the SIP reserve the right to amend these legal conditions at any time. Use of the website shall be subject to the most recent version of the legal conditions, which shall be available on the website at the time of use.
3. Notwithstanding the above remarks and the limitations of liability set out below, the MFEA and the SIP undertake to do their utmost to supply information that is true, accurate, and up to date. This is nevertheless an obligation of means and not of result.
Limitation of liability
4. Access to the website is by the communication networks of the Internet. You declare that you are aware of the inherent risks, and accept them. You should take steps to counteract the effects of computer piracy by adopting a suitable secure computer configuration, including the use of regularly updated software to detect and remedy viruses. The MFEA and the SIP may not be held responsible for any damage that you may suffer, either directly or indirectly, in connection with your browsing on the website.
5. The MFEA and the SIP shall do its utmost to ensure maximum availability of the website. Its liability may not be invoked, however, in the event of momentary or total unavailability of the website.
6. The MFEA and the SIP may not be held liable for the use third parties may make of the information provided on the website.
7. The MFEA and the SIP do not accept any liability for its services, which it provides for purely informative purposes. The aim is in fact to provide accurate, up-to-date information taken from various sources, but the MFEA and the SIP may not be able to avoid every risk of material error. None of the information posted on the website is intended to be exhaustive. The officially published legal texts alone are authoritative. Simplified versions and translations are provided for information only.
8. The MFEA and the SIP reserve the freedom to develop, amend or suspend the website without notice for reasons of maintenance or updating, or for any other reason deemed necessary. More specifically, the MFEA and the SIP may at any time withdraw, add, supplement or give further details in respect of any or all of the information and services contained or offered on the website. The MFEA and the SIP may not be held liable for any direct or indirect damage related to any such changes.
9. The MFEA and the SIP reservee the right to cease supplying the services at any time, either entirely or partly.
10. The MFEA and the SIP shall make every effort to minimise any inconvenience caused by mistakes, whether technical or material. Nevertheless, some of the website's services may not be free of mistakes, making it impossible to guarantee that the services will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. The MFEA and the SIP shall not accept any liability in respect of problems of this type which may be caused by using the website.
11. Lastly, the MFEA and the SIP do not guarantee the accuracy of the results supplied by the services it places at users' disposal. The results obtained are given without guarantee, and are not in any way binding on the MFEA and the SIP.
12. The website, all its component parts (including layout) and the services are protected by the legislation on intellectual property, and more specifically by the Law of 18 April 2001, as amended, on copyright, neighbouring rights and databases, and the Benelux Convention on intellectual property.
13. Copyright on the content of the website is owned exclusively or non-exclusively by the MFEA and the SIP, or by third parties, copyright holders, who authorized the MFEA and the SIP to publish them. Unless otherwise specified, the copyright on the content of the website are held by the MFEA and the SIP.
14. The downloadable promotion material on the website may be freely used for promotional purposes, provided that the copyright is properly indicated. The "Signature of Luxembourg" is protected and can only be used and reproduced on the basis of a prior written agreement of the MFEA. To introduce your request for content use or for any question relating to copyright and the utilization of the different tools, please submit your request via our contact form.
15. The contents of this site may not be reproduced, transmitted or distributed for commercial purposes. If necessary the MFEA must give its written consent to use the content. To introduce your request for content use or for any question relating to copyright and the utilization of the different tools, please submit your request via our contact form.
16. Unless indicated otherwise, the MFEA and the SIP do not grant any licence or authorisation regarding the intellectual property rights it holds in respect of the website, its component parts, or the services provided. Furthermore, the services may not be reproduced in full or in part, in any form whatsoever, and using any means whatsoever, without first obtaining written authorisation from the MFEA.
17. Unless indicated otherwise, users are authorised to view, download, and print the documents and information available, subject to the following conditions:
- the documents and information may not be modified in any way without prior consent;
- the documents and information may not be used inappropriately or contrary to conventionally accepted standards of conduct;
- the documents and information may not be adopted for marketing, advertising or any other commercial purposes.
18. The above rights that are implicitly and explicitly granted to users constitute authorisation of use and in no way constitute a transfer of ownership of rights, property or anything else in respect of the website.
19. For all use other than as stipulated above, please contact us using the contact form.
Hypertext links and related sites
20. Unless specifically authorised by the MFEA and the SIP, only simple links (giving the website's URL address only), rather than 'deep links' to the website's home page are allowed.
21. Unless specifically authorised by the MFEA and the SIP, the website may not be incorporated in any way, either in its entirety or in part, in another website, for example by using 'framing' techniques or by 'inlining' (insertion by means of a hypertext link).
22. For your convenience, the website may contain links to other sites which may be helpful or of interest to you. The MFEA and the SIP do not systematically check the content of sites linked to the website. Consequently, it cannot be held responsible for the content presented on other websites, whether with regard to their legality or the accuracy of the information contained therein.
23. Any personal data you enter on the website ("data") shall be treated in compliance with the Law of 2 August 2002, as amended, on the protection of persons with regard to the processing of personal data (the "Data Protection Act").
24. You may be asked to provide certain items of information such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, the country and municipality in which you live, or any other information you may transmit using corresponding forms.
25. Data shall only be processed with a view to enabling users to use various information tools. Personal data may be rendered anonymous for the purpose of carrying out statistical or historic processing. Personal data shall not be used for any other purpose. Personal data shall not be used for commercial or other purposes. The disclosure of personal data is optional, but some tools on the website cannot be used if the data requested is not provided.
26. Users' computers' IP addresses are automatically recorded and stored in the system. This information shall not be used, however, except under special circumstances and within the limits of the applicable legislation, for example as part of a judicial investigation.
27. Personal data shall be communicated to the competent administration to be able to provide users with the service(s) requested. Data concerning you may also be transferred to other entities, if you have agreed to this in advance, or if the law or a competent public administration makes such transfer compulsory.
28. Data concerning you shall be stored for as long as necessary to be able to supply you with the service(s) requested, and in order to satisfy the statutory limitation periods.
29. The MFEA and the SIP shall adopt every precaution to ensure data security, taking into account the more or less sensitive nature of the data. Nevertheless, the MFEA and the SIP cannot avert all the risks connected with using the Internet.
30. In accordance with the legislation on data protection, you are entitled to access, amend or oppose the processing of data concerning you. To take up this entitlement, you may contact the Information and Press Service by using the contact form.
Applicable law and competent courts
31. All disputes concerning use of the website www.inspiringluxembourg.lu shall be subject to the law of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, and the courts of the Grand Duchy shall have exclusive competence.
Copyright © 2016. Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs and the Information and Press Service of the Government of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg. All rights reserved.